Thanksgiving Weekend

This past Thanksgiving weekend was very eventful. It was some of the best times I’ve had in a while. Thanksgiving dinner was spent at a family friend’s house. I chatted with Micaela whom I haven’t seen for over a year. She just started college so we were exchanging college stories.

I woke up early on Black Friday, around 7:00 am. I laid in bed for a good hour, browsing through my flooded email inbox of sales and deals. I was deciding whether to go to the Microcenter in Tustin to buy a CPU and motherboard for my computer build while spending the rest of the morning scouring for deals. I finally decided to go around noon with my brother and Matt. We arrived there at around 1:30 am and to my surprise, there was no line. We walked inside and within a few minutes, I had the CPU in my hand. We roamed around the store for a bit before we left. Strangely enough, there was a line of around 40~50 people just outside the front entrance. We decided to grab some lunch with Franklin since we were already in the area. We went to a local teriyaki place in Anaheim. We ate and talked for almost 2 hours. We made our way home around 5:00 pm. After some more deal searching, I bought a CPU cooler, DVD drive, and an Intel SSD. Later that night, I went to Dave & Buster’s with Matt, Ian, Jenn Lai, Karen, and Osborne. I ended up taking 1st place 3 out of 3 times in Daytona USA. Something weird happened. We were talking in a group when all of a sudden, we heard a woman fall on the ground. We turned around and saw a man fleeing the scene. It looks like he was turning back and apologizing but definitely not very sincerely. Staff tended to the woman and security came and escorted the man away. We left around 12:30 am and decided to go to Denny’s. The last time I went to that particular Denny’s (maybe even Denny’s in general) was back in high school. We ordered food, played some cards, and talked for the rest of the night. We covered a broad span of subjects: high school prom, woman pooping while giving birth, prostate problems in older men etc. We were loud. I didn’t get home until 3:30 am.

I woke up the next day around 9:00 am. I took care of some errands. I went for a run in the afternoon. I got ready to go to a potluck at Ian’s place. I didn’t know what to bring, but decided that I wanted to play some beer pong so I went to Ralph’s to get a 30-pack. I saw many high school friends. Caught up with some of them while grubbing and watching Art of Flight in preparation for the snowboarding season. Then it was time for some beer pong. Jenn Lai and I teamed up, which seems like the norm at gatherings. We played against Matt and Ian. Matt was on fire and made 5 shots in a row, leading to our defeat. They went on to win a couple more games. We played against Sean and Charissa next. It was a pretty big one-sided win on our part. We impulsively decided to watch a 10:30 pm of Hugo. We quickly cleaned up and made our way over to the theatre. I paid $16 for the movie since it was in 3D. That’s the most I’ve paid for a movie. The movie was kind of slow. Maybe it’s just not my kind of movie. After the movie, some of us left for home as it was getting late. The rest of us, Matt, Ian, Jenn Lai, Jeff, and I, decided to meet up with Karen at a local bar. It’s the first time going to that bar for all of us and it’s most likely going to be our last. It’s a very small hole in the wall place. We got a few drinks amongst the group but we didn’t finish them. We were more hungry than anything and were trying to find a place to eat. We decided to go across the street to CVS to buy some hot dogs to make back at Ian’s place. It was random. We ended up staying at Ian’s until 3. I gave Karen and Jenn Lai a ride home, but not until going back to Ian’s place again because Jenn Lai had forgotten her phone.

I didn’t wake up so early Sunday morning. I slept in until 11:00 am. I had dim sum with family. The rest of the day was spent relaxing. I played some basketball in the afternoon at my middle school with Osborne, Jeremy, Matt, Brian, and my brother. I haven’t played in a long time. I wasn’t very good to begin with but now I just suck. I have no shot at all so I resorted to driving in.

It’s been so long since I’ve stayed out late with a group of friends. I wasn’t used to having so much fun that it made me feel not wanting to go to work on Monday. I had a great time, laughing over nonsense and doing whatever the moment called for. It really made me miss everyone. Everyone is branching out and walking their own path as we grow up. I guess as time goes on, moments like these will be more and more rare. Until next time!

Leave a Reply

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>